Chocolate Cookie Cupcakes
Mary Wiebe of Altona, Manitoba gives basic cake mix a kick start with everybody's favorite chocolate sandwich cookie. And since there's cookie in every bite, kids will love these delicious cupcakes!
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Additional Oreo cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites;
- beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently
- fold in cookie crumbs. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with
- additional cookie crumbs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 227 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.