Chocolate Coffee Spoons
My husband, Mark and I gave our wedding guests these cute spoons as favors. They're a fun way to flavor an out-of-the-ordinary cup of coffee. Plus, the plastic spoon handles can be color-coordinated with any bridal theme.
60 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound dark or milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon mint candy flavoring (oil-based only), optional
- 60 plastic spoons
- Place 1/4 pound candy coating in a deep glass cup. Microwave at 30%
- or 50% power for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring every 15
- seconds. Stir in flavoring if desired.
- Coat entire bowl of a plastic spoon with chocolate. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all spoons are coated.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes. Cover and store in a cool
- place until serving.
- Yield: 60 servings.
Editor's Note: Dark or milk chocolate candy coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores and is often sold in bulk package of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds. Candy flavoring can be found in cake decorating supply stores or by mail order.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 0 sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.