Chocolate Coconut Nests
These nests look and taste fancy but have only three ingredients. They've been very popular with our girls and their friends over the years. You can substitute any flavor ice cream for the mint chocolate chip.Claire Hudson, South Wales, New York
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) flaked coconut
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream
- In a bowl, toss coconut and chocolate until well blended. On baking
- sheets covered with waxed paper, shape about 1/3 cupfuls into
- 2-1/2-in. nests. Chill until firm. Just before serving, top each
- nest with 1/2 cup of ice cream. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 298 calories, 19 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.