Chocolate Citrus Wedges
These sweet and tangy treats are a perfect party dessert. They refresh your taste buds while satisfying a sweet tooth. Leftover chocolate and a lemon-themed party inspired the recipe.Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium lemons or tangerines, peeled and separated into wedges
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, heat marmalade for 15 seconds. Dip lemon wedges in
- marmalade; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle
- with cinnamon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- wedges in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper;
- sprinkle with walnuts. Let stand until set. Yield: about 1-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 citrus wedge equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.