Chocolate Chow Mein Clusters
Chocolate and peanuts are two of my favorite treats, and the combination in this recipe, along with butterscotch, gives this candy a special flavor. My mother made these for Christmas every year, but they're so easy to fix, you can enjoy them anytime.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips, stir until
- smooth. Stir in chow mein noodles and peanuts until well coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 clusters.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 199 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.