Chocolate-Chipotle Sirloin Steak
Looking to do something a little different with grilled sirloin? Add a smoky heat and chocolaty rich color with this easy 5-ingredient rub. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min.+ chilling Grill: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until blended. Rub over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef equals 246 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet