Chocolate Chip Pancakes
These feather-light pancakes dotted with chocolate chips are one of my family's favorite breakfasts. For even more chocolate flavor, I sometimes stir 2 tablespoons baking cocoa into the batter.Michelle Harbour, Lebanon, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup and whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking
- powder and salt. IN another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter;
- stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when
- bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with chocolate syrup and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 2 pancakes (calculated without chocolate syrup and whipped cream) equals 367 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.