Chocolate Chip Pancakes
"At our house, Saturday morning always means pancakes for breakfast," pens Julianne Johnson from Grove City, Minnesota. She makes the menu special by servings up stacks of these fluffy buttermilk treats studded with mini chips.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs,
- buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Sprinkle each pancake with 2 teaspoon chocolate chips. Turn when
- bubbles for on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden
- brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 325 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.