Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
I saw this recipe in a newspaper years ago and have changed it quite a bit. I make these muffins at least once a month and get many requests for the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine dry
- ingredients; add alternately with applesauce to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4
- full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Yield: 12 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.