Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
In Sagamore Hills, Ohio, Kim Wills stirs up a big panful of these chewy oat squares loaded with nuts and chocolate chips. The sweet bars are easy to prepare, and they cut cleanly when cool to make serving a breeze.
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in the
- butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread condensed milk evenly over
- the crust. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips. Top with
- remaining oat mixture and pat lightly. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer
- or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.