Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
Patricia Kaesta of Brockton, Massachusetts jazzes up a packaged cookie mix, then lets Junior Mints melt on top of the warm treats to create an easy frosting. "These delicious cookies are requested at every gathering," she says.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (5-1/2 ounces) Junior Mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, water, egg and oil. Stir in
- the chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until
- edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; place one candy on each cookie. Remove from
- pans to wire racks. When candy is melted, spread over cookie. Cool
- completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 178 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.