Chocolate Chip Cookies
As a high school home economics teacher, I like coming up with a trimmed-down snacks for my class to try. The kids think these cookies deserve an A+.
Linda Todd of Coldwater, Michigan
66 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating
- well after each addition. Beat in the egg substitute, corn syrup and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One cookie equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,