Chocolate Cherry Truffles
My blue ribbon cherry truffles were the delicious result of a kitchen experiemnet involving a bottle of kirsch I'd received as a gift and some dried cherries I had on hand. It is an annual favorite of my friends and family. —Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
48 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 11 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Melted dark, milk and white chocolate and pearl dust
- In a small bowl, combine cherries and brandy; cover and let soak for
- 1 hour or until cherries are softened.
- Place dark chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring
- cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir
- in extract and soaked cherries with liquid. Cool to room
- temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip half of
- the balls into milk chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls into dark