Chocolate Caramel Tart
Look no further when you want a dessert that's gooey and good! Each piece is like a big candy bar on a plate.
12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 30 caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the
- bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking
- sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir the caramels and caramel topping
- over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup
- cream and pecans. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream over low
- heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tart. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 478 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.