- Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar and milk; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to
- medium-low; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in
- marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add
- peanuts. Spread over first layer. Refrigerate until set.
- For caramel layer, in a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and
- cream; stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cook and stir 4
- minutes. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until set.
- For icing, in another saucepan, combine chips and peanut butter; stir
- over low heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel layer.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cutting. Remove from
- pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.