Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce
With the bold flavors of raspberry and coconut enhancing fudgy chocolate cake and creamy vanilla ice cream, what's not to love?-Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen chocolate fudge layer cake
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake
- stand at room temperature to thaw.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, milk and
- vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Cut cake into four slices; place on dessert plates. Spread with
- preserves. Top with coconut mixture and ice cream. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pepperidge Farm frozen three-layer cake.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/3 cup ice cream equals 571 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.