Chocolate Bundt Cake
Chocolate lovers will delight in this moist rich cake that's easy to prepare using handy mixes and canned frosting. "I only make this dessert if I'm taking it somewhere," reports Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "I don't want it sitting in my kitchen, where I might be tempted to eat it all!"
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting, melted
- Pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream,
- eggs, oil and water. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the
- grated chocolate, chocolate chips and pecans. Transfer to a greased
- and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Drizzle with frosting; garnish with pecan
- halves. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 463 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium,