I received this recipe from a friend while living in Texas. When we moved, I was sure to take the recipe with me. Everyone raves about these chocolate and caramel candies. —June Humphrey, Strongsville, Ohio
32 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set
- aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water;
- cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans and cereal
- until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Refrigerate
- for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow
- excess to drip off. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate until set.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ounce equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.