Chocolate Berry Parfaits
This creamy dessert is easy to make for weekday dinners, yet pretty enough for company. Instant chocolate pudding is layered with a mixture of pureed strawberries and whipped cream to create yummy parfaits. For quicker results, use whipped topping rather than whipping cream...or serve in a single bowl.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Drain strawberries
- (discard the juice or save for another use); place berries in a
- blender. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently
- fold in strawberry puree. Divide half of the chocolate pudding among
- four or six parfait glasses. Top with half of the strawberry
- mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with a strawberry slice if desired.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: 2 cups of whipped topping may be substituted for the whipping cream and sugar.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.