Chocolate Banana Smoothies
Want to add low-fat dairy to your diet? Consider the frothy, chocolaty smoothies our Test Kitchen whipped up with both milk and yogurt. It's a recipe kids and adults will request morning, noon and night.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium banana, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the milk, yogurt, banana, honey and vanilla;
- cover and process until smooth. Add ice cubes; cover and process
- until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.