Chocolate Almond Dessert
Who wouldn’t love this rich and decadent finale? It’s absolutely perfect for any special occasion. —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Arrange half of the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish;
- set aside. In a large saucepan, whisk milk and pudding mixes. Add
- candy bar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a
- boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Pour half of the pudding over cake cubes. Sprinkle with half of the
- almonds; cover and refrigerate. Transfer remaining pudding to a
- small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Arrange remaining cake cubes over dessert. Whisk chilled pudding;
- fold in whipped cream. Spread over top and sprinkle with remaining
- almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into
- squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium,