- and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with the
- buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add
- sugar and cocoa, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons jam over each cake layer.
- Place one cake on a serving plate. Spread with 1-1/2 cups whipped
- cream mixture; drizzle with remaining jam. Top with remaining cake
- layer; spread the remaining whipped cream mixture over top and sides
- of cake. Press almonds onto sides and top of cake. Garnish with
- raspberries and mint. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 565 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.