Chive Red Potatoes
These simply dressed potatoes from our Test Kitchen pair well with any meaty entree. The color is so pretty on an Easter dinner table.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel a narrow strip around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes
- in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, chives, salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Drain potatoes; drizzle with butter mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 potatoes equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.