Chive Potato Souffle
I've enjoyed cooking with herbs since I was a teenager. Chives, which are one of my favorites, enhance the flavor of this cheesy souffle.Wendy L Nickel, Kiester, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- Additional chives
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, sour cream, chives and
- salt. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl,
- beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into the potato
- mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with chives. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.