Chive-Mushroom Spinach Salad
I'm always looking for ways to spice up salads. This one is a cross between two of our favorites. I usually make a double batch of the dressing and use leftovers for dipping bread.
-Amber Kimmich of Powhatan, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a large skillet,
- saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil for 2-4 minutes. In a
- small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Pour
- into the skillet.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until mushrooms are tender. Add to
- spinach with croutons and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,