Chive Mushroom Soup
"I try to serve this rich savory soup at least once a month during our cold winters," writes Laurie Suhrke (at left with husband Paul), Plymouth, Wisconsin. "It's quick to make and has a wonderful fresh mushroom flavor."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in
- the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in
- cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 407 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,053 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.