Chive-Cheese Corn Bread
This corn bread goes well with any main dish. The chives and sharp cheddar cheese give it a special flavor.
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In
- another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.