Chive Buttered Carrots
It's nice to have a reliable side dish like this that pairs well with any entree. A friend shared the recipe with me several years ago, and I use it often.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 in. thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain well. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add
- seasoned salt, pepper and carrots; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 182 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.