Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Danielle Williams of Westville, Oklahoma submitted the recipe for this smoky, buttery sweet potato mash. The chipotle pairs nicely with the spuds, and the creamy texture is delightful.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- Drain and return to the pan. Add milk, butter, chipotle pepper, salt
- and pepper; coarsely mash.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 136 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.