Chipotle-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin
Go ahead, rub it in! Coating traditional tenderloin with lively, peppery flavors gives it a south-of-the-border twist. Your family or dinner guests will be impressed. —Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brush beef with oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; rub over
- meat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,