Chipotle Pomegranate Pulled Pork
I was making pulled pork and wanted to kick it up a bit. Pomegranate jelly was the perfect addition to this tender entree. —Tatiana Kushnir, Montara, California
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 half-pint jar Pomegranate Jelly or 1 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with steak
- seasoning. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and peppers. Cook over medium heat
- for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker;
- discard cooking liquid. Shred pork with two forks. Return to the
- slow cooker; top with jelly mixture. Cover and cook on low for 30
- minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat onto each
- roll. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 616 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.