- browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon
- drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, cumin and cinnamon; cook for
- 2 minutes. Stir in the cranberry sauce, chipotle peppers, lime juice
- and remaining water. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add rice and beans to the skillet; heat through. Serve chicken over
- bean mixture; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 366 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.