Chipotle Cheese Sauce
Dolloped on your baked potato, you'll love these smooth cheese sauce with a smoky spiciness.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Baked potatoes
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle
- peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until
- blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over
- potatoes. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without potato) equals 137 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.