Chipotle Beef & Rice
Made completely in the skillet, this savory, moist mix of ground beef, lime, salsa, peppers and cheese offers creamy comfort. Chipotle pepper adds just the right hint of heat. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat
- until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the rice, salsa, sour cream, pepper rings, lime juice,
- chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir until heated
- through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 403 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch,