Chipotle Avocado Dip
Thanks to the avocado base, this dip provides a bonus of healthy fats and fiber. Try spooning it on tacos, too. —Barbara Oliphant, Valley Center, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped banana pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion,
- peppers and seasonings. Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables) equals 72 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.