Chinese Spinach-Almond Salad
This recipe combines power-packed spinach, a good source of vitamins A and K, with other veggies, lean meat and crunchy, heart-healthy almonds. Reduced-fat dressing adds a light Asian flavor and touch to each hearty serving.
Mary Ann Kieffer - Lawrence, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide among four
- salad plates; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.