Folks who sample these are surprised to hear honey isn't one of the ingredients! These ribs are crisp on the outside and tender inside. I've also used the marinade for chicken wings.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut the ribs between the bones into single pieces; place in an 8-in.
- square baking dish. Bring the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and apple
- juice to a boil; pour over the ribs. Cover and refrigerate at least
- 1 hour. Heat at least 1 in. of oil in an electric skillet or
- deep-fat fryer to 350°. Drain and pat ribs dry with paper towel.
- Fry, turning frequently, for 7-8 minutes or until meat is tender and
- no longer pink when cut with a knife and shrinks slightly from the
- bone. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer