- In large pan, combine stock, mushrooms, tofu, and bamboo shoots.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Splenda, vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, salt and pepper.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch completely in water. Add to the
- soup. Stir until soup thickens slightly.
- Lightly beat egg white. Add to soup, stirring continuously. Cook,
- stirring, until the egg white turns opaque white.
- Add sesame oil just before serving. Ladle soup into bowls, garnish
- with scallion.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 247 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/4 meat, 1/4 vegetable, 1/4 fat.