Chilled Vegetable Salad
THIS delicious dish was served by my sister-in-law years ago for her daughter's graduation party.
She shared the recipe with me, and I've made it many times, adjusting it to the number of people I'm serving. The secret ingredient is horseradish, which gives the dressing a little zing!
-Norma Sliper, Moorhead, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup cubed American cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss the first seven ingredients. Combine dressing
- ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Pour over salad. Cover and
- chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 201 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.