Chilled Potato Soup
It takes just minutes to blend together this unusual soup seasoned with basil," assures Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana. "It's creamy, rich and so refreshing on a hot summer day."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill until
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
To serve soup warm: Process milk, soup and herbs in a blender until smooth; transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Add sour cream and wine or broth; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 235 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.