Chilled Minty Green Beans
This is an easy accompaniment to any dish. I love to use fresh beans from the garden to make it.Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
13 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil;
- cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and
- place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mint, garlic and salt. Pour
- over beans and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Yield: 13 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 106 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.