Chilled Blueberry Soup
When I serve this fruit soup on a warm summer evening, my guests are always delighted. Compliments abound for this sweet and creamy meal starter.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and
- allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.