Chilled Avocado Soup
No cooking necessary for this rich and creamy soup with a kick from Edith Herring of Grand Cane, Louisiana. “I like to line the bowl with crumbled corn chips and pour the soup on top,” says Edith.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- Place avocado in a blender, cover and process until smooth. While
- processing, gradually add broth; process until smooth. Add the
- remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 125 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.