Chilies Rellenos Casserole
I love to cook with tasty green chilies and use recipes featuring them when I entertain. This hearty casserole has a big pepper taste in every bite.Nadine Estes, Alto, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Split chilies and remove seeds; dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies
- on the bottom of a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese. In a
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Spoon over the cheese.
- In a bowl, beat milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; pour
- over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 321 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.