Chili con Queso
"My husband created this thick, cheesy Southwestern dip by adapting a recipe he found in a cookbook," reports Patricia Leinheiser of Albuquerque, New Mexico, "It's excellent."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Tortilla chips
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add
- chilies; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Gradually
- add small amounts of cheeses and milk; stir until melted after each
- addition. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 95 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.