Chili-Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
These are bound to become your new favorite side for sandwiches. A little chili powder adds a lot of flavor. —Toni Cordova, Pueblo, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise into eight wedges. In a large bowl,
- combine sweet potatoes and the remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 4 wedges equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.