Chili Rice Dinner
“I usually have the ingredients for this great entree on hand, making it ideal for last-minute company or busy days when I don’t know what to make,” writes Ann Torrey from Brattleboro, Virginia. This one’s sure to be a hit!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato
- sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 307 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 lean meat,