Chili Cheese Popcorn
Pack some bags of this zippy popcorn snack shared by Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas, and your next road trip will zip by.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Combine butter, chili powder and salt;
- pour over popcorn.
- Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- the cheese is melted. Toss well to coat. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 129 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.