Chili-Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Spice up your side dish by serving this delicious recipe. The green chilies adds so much flavor and are sure to become one of your families favorites.Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, milk and salt to a boil. Add
- the butter, garlic, potato flakes and chilies; stir until thickened.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 972 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.