Chili Cheese Ball
It wouldn't be Christmas at our house without this zippy, well-seasoned cheese ball-my husband's absolute favorite. The family starts asking about it 2 weeks before the holidays! It's also a big hit at Super Bowl parties.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 piece (4 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Monterey Jack and
- Gouda; mix well. Stir in the olives, onion and mustard. Add 2
- teaspoons chili powder and the garlic powder. Shape into a ball.
- Combine almonds and remaining chili powder; roll cheese ball in
- almond mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese
- ball (2-1/2 cups).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 120 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.